Cambio is a software platform for world-class real estate decarbonization. We help commercial real estate owners and tenants bring their real estate portfolios to net-zero using a powerful suite of software tools and AI-based recommendations. Our mission: to take the real estate industry into the climate action era. We are looking for team members who are excited about building great products that our customers love and working hard at a mission-oriented climate startup.
Our partners and investors include Y Combinator, Google, the U.S. Department of Energy, Stanford University and Fifth Wall. We are proud to be the fastest growing startup in our category. Join us on our mission to achieve net zero by 2050.
Decarbonizing real estate starts with precision-grade measurement and monitoring of asset performance, from energy to water and carbon. Cambio is automating the management of our customers’ carbon data by creating the world’s leading utility data platform. We’re building a team of Carbon Data Quality Analysts to work with our customers and engineering team to ensure we are delivering 100% accuracy in our SaaS platform analytics and recommendations.
As a Carbon Data Quality Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in owning end-to-end data quality assurance for some of the world’s leading institutions who have chosen Cambio to manage their carbon accounting, reporting and decarbonization efforts. If you enjoy tackling quantitative problems, have a passion for climate-related work, and are excited about the idea of working on a small, fast-paced team at the forefront of climate, AI and real estate technology, this role is for you!
What you will be doing
- Owning all quantitative analytics before they go out the door to Cambio’s customers
- Performing data quality assurance checks and analysis to ensure 100% accuracy
- Ensuring the validity, accuracy, and completeness of customers’ real estate carbon data entering our models & software. Where required, you’ll be transforming raw or unstructured data into a format that is ready for ingestion into Cambio’s system
- Work with software engineering team to remediate any data inaccuracies
- Interfacing with customers, including real estate owners’ asset & property management teams, to ensure customer success from a quantitative / data standpoint
- Interfacing with product, software engineering and customer success teams to improve automations and customer deliverables
With this role, you’ll have the opportunity to achieve the following accomplishments:
- Executed the measurement of real estate energy, water, waste, and carbon data across a 100-asset portfolio for a $1B real estate fund, driving the identification of 15% energy savings through Cambio’s decarbonization platform.
- Ensured data accuracy in carbon emissions data that fed into the world’s leading machine learning based retrofit analytics model.
- Constructed & implemented new data analytics methods to power a leading real estate utility data & sustainability management software platform.
- Collaborated with real estate owner customers to identify and remedy data inaccuracies, saving customers 100+ hours of time across asset & portfolio management teams and reducing data gaps by 25%.
- Strong quantitative background: 2+ years of experience in a consulting, data analytics, accounting, or finance.
- Data-obsessed: You are meticulous and thrive when surrounded by numbers. You are willing to roll up your sleeves to work with unstructured and inconsistent data using Excel. Experience with SQL or computer programming a bonus, but not required
- Creative problem-solving: To you, an Excel model is an exciting puzzle to solve. You have the ability to think outside the box when addressing challenges
- Strong communicator: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to make complex problems seem simple
- Collaborative team player: You prioritize the team's success and foster collaboration in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with carbon or building data: Experience handling energy, carbon, or real estate data is a bonus, but not required
What we offer
- Fast-growing startup experience: You will be responsible for foundational work that will have a significant impact on decarbonizing the commercial real estate industry.
- Competitive compensation and founding startup equity.
- Work with the best: Our team members come from top organizations in their sectors, including OMERS, Goldman Sachs, Faire, OneMedical, Google, and Bain.
- Remote work with flexible hours: We focus on results rather than the clock.
We are a lean, growing, and high-performing team that works hard and is passionate about the climate problems we’re working on. If you thrive on using your quantitative and problem-solving skills to tackle climate problems, we invite you to join our team as a Carbon Data Quality Analyst at Cambio. Apply now to embark on this exciting journey with us!