Cambio is a software platform for world-class real estate decarbonization. We help commercial real estate owners and tenants bring their real estate portfolios to net-zero using a powerful suite of software tools and AI-based recommendations. Our mission: to take the real estate industry into the climate action era. We are looking for team members who are excited about building great products that our customers love and working hard at a mission-oriented climate startup.
Our partners and investors include Y Combinator, Google, the U.S. Department of Energy, Stanford University and Fifth Wall. We are proud to be the fastest growing startup in our category. Join us on our mission to achieve net zero by 2050.
Our mission of decarbonizing real estate brings us into close collaboration with the top real estate owners in the world, as well as the tenants of their properties. We’re involved in commercial discussions with owners and tenants, mapping out how we can utilize software tools to power their organizations’ sustainability and decarbonization strategies. Additionally, we work closely with both investment teams and hands-on asset & property management teams to implement our data platform. We’re building a world-class sales and customer success team to power our commercial delivery efforts, enabling real estate decarbonization at scale.
At an early-stage startup, we tend to wear many hats. As a Customer Onboarding & Sales Development Specialist, you will wear many hats that all center around understanding the customer’s needs and delivering a world-class climate tech solution. You’ll spend about half your time doing customer success and the other half as a sales development rep. With this dynamic role, you will be a pivotal team member on the front lines with Cambio’s customers, initiating commercial discussions and ensuring their success on the Cambio platform. If you enjoy talking to people, collaborating closely with customers, have a passion for climate-related work, and are excited about the idea of working on a small, growing team at the forefront of climate and real estate technology, this role is for you!
What you will be doing
- Spearheading onboarding efforts, which entails outreach (phone, email, etc.) and onboarding property manager data onto the platform
- Collaborating closely with customers and their stakeholders to help them understand the Cambio platform and execute the delivery of the platform with owner customers and their tenants
- Interfacing with product team to share customer feedback from onboarding
- Utilizing commercial channels to generate high-quality leads within the real estate sector, including attending conferences and events
- Engaging in meaningful conversations with potential customers to understand their pain points and needs and how Cambio’s platform can fit into their sustainability strategy
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with potential clients through regular communication and follow-ups
- Building trust with key stakeholders and executives at some of the largest real estate groups around the world
- Collaborating with the marketing team to align outreach strategies with ongoing campaigns, and providing regular reports and insights on lead generation, conversion rates, and pipeline status
With this role, you’ll have the opportunity to achieve the following accomplishments:
- Led customer success efforts for Cambio’s real estate sustainability platform and executed the implementation of platform tools with leading real estate owner & tenant groups.
- Drove lead generation and commercial success for a seed-stage climate startup, working directly with customer contacts to understand their needs and empower their sustainability strategy using AI- and data science-backed software tools
- Served as voice of the customer to inform product & go-to-market strategy at leading seed-stage software startup, assisting in strategic roadmapping.
- Customer success, sales development, or related experience: 1-2+ years of experience as a sales development representative, preferably in a tech environment, or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a Communication, Business, or related field
- Customer-obsessed: You believe in putting the customer first
- Strong communicator: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You’d thrive cold calling customers or walking into a room of strangers to tell them about Cambio
- Strong executor: Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets, driving customer / stakeholder satisfaction and retention
- Scrappy: Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You see a wall and think about how to knock it down
- Problem solver: Strategic and creative thinker
- Collaborative team player: You prioritize the team's success and foster collaboration in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment
What we offer
- Fast-growing startup experience: You will be responsible for foundational work that will have a significant impact on decarbonizing the commercial real estate industry.
- Competitive compensation and founding startup equity.
- Work with the best: Our team members come from top organizations in their sectors, including OMERS, Goldman Sachs, Faire, One Medical, Google, and Bain.
- Remote work with flexible hours: We focus on results rather than the clock.
We are a lean, growing, and high-performing team that works hard and is passionate about the climate problems we’re working on. If engaging with people is your superpower, we invite you to join our team as a Customer Onboarding & Sales Development Specialist at Cambio. Apply now to embark on this exciting journey with us!