Cambio is a software platform for world-class real estate decarbonization. We help commercial real estate owners and tenants bring their real estate portfolios to net-zero using a powerful suite of software tools and AI-based recommendations. Our mission: to take the real estate industry into the climate action era. We are looking for team members who are excited about building great products that our customers love and working hard at a mission-oriented climate startup.
Our partners and investors include Y Combinator, Google, the U.S. Department of Energy, Stanford University and Fifth Wall. We are proud to be the fastest growing startup in our category. Join us on our mission to achieve net zero by 2050.
We’re looking for a Founding Designer to join the Cambio team. In this role, you’ll work on and lead 0 to 1 initiatives, with the opportunity to build innovative product experiences across all existing modules. Excellent, user-centric design is core to the Cambio product: design will elevate the foundation of the existing Cambio platform, build customer love of the product, and improve navigation guidelines, styling, and visualization strategy.
What you will be doing
- Customer-Centric Design: Collaborate with Product and GTM groups to understand customer archetypes and tailor experiences to their needs.
- Collaboration and Launch: Partner with Product and Engineering teams to launch new initiatives.
- Platform Refinement: Enhance the modularity and navigation of the Cambio platform.
- Standardization: Implement a uniform styling for the Cambio platform, focusing on color, font, icons, and data components.
- Data-Driven Design: Utilize usage analytics and data to inform design decisions, improving Cambio’s platform UX based on user feedback.
With this role, you’ll have the opportunity to achieve accomplishments like the following:
- Established a scalable, adaptable design system for Cambio’s real estate decarbonization platform, providing a standardized and cohesive visual language for the platform and driving design-led product development.
- Enhanced the modularity and navigation of the Cambio platform, introducing improvements that streamlined user workflows and increased overall usability. Design contributions helped create leading user experience for top real estate owner customers across the industry.
- Became an expert in customer archetypes and usage of Cambio’s platform, increasing users’ Net Promoter Score (NPS) through a 10-star user experience.
- Executed and shipped feature designs to customers on a biweekly basis, ensuring agile delivery of new functionalities to Cambio users.
- High Quality Standards: Ability to take the initiative in developing a well-defined and uniform UI framework that is firmly rooted in the requirements of our customer and aligns with Cambio's quality standards.
- Visionary Thinking: Work alongside leadership to craft a strategic vision for the presentation of information on our platform.
- Execution Excellence: Ability to drive the implementation of the design roadmap and provide direction to ensure intelligent decision-making that achieves the optimal balance between simplicity and flexibility.
- Customer Focus: Leads design explorations that ignite the customer's imagination and impacts the strategic direction by advocating for the customer's requirements..
- Nice to haves
- Experience in ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance).
- Background in SaaS-based analytic products.
- A keen interest in climate technology and an eagerness to learn more in this domain.
What we offer
- Fast-growing startup experience: You will be responsible for foundational work that will have a significant impact on decarbonizing the commercial real estate industry.
- Competitive compensation and founding startup equity.
- Work with the best: Our team members come from top organizations in their sectors, including OMERS, Goldman Sachs, Faire, OneMedical, Google, and Bain.
- Remote work with flexible hours: We focus on results rather than the clock.